This license agreement describes your purchase and its limitations of use.
- All EDM Music Licensing licenses are worldwide and non-exclusive.
- You are licensing a “Song” for use in a single “Project” for web, television, or film.
- You agree to pay EDM Music Licensing a license fee according to our website rates.
- You agree to file a cue sheet for your “Project” with the proper PRO for the “Song”.
- You agree to email a copy of the cue sheet to: cuesheets@EDMmusiclicensing.com
Your rights to public performance depend on the license & the filing of a industry cue sheet.
Upon completion of your “Project”, you will need to:
- Register use of the “Song” included in your “Project” by filling out a cue sheet.
- Email the completed cue sheet to the song’s PRO: BMI and/or ASCAP
- Email a copy of the cue sheet: here
- Learn: How to File Cue Sheets
The Web License allows the use of the “Song” within a single Web “Project”.
A Web “Project” is defined as a production which makes use of new media or multimedia platforms, and includes but is not limited to You Tube, social media or company websites, internet advertisements and website music.
The Television License allows the use of the “Song” within a single Television “Project”.
A Television “Project” is defined as a production which is physically distributed or broadcast either over the air, thru cable, satelite or digital streaming television services. This includes Netflix, DVD’s, CD’s and all other data storage devices. The Television License also grants you the ability to broadcast over the am/fm airwaves, by satelite or streamed as internet radio.
The Film License allows the use of the “Song” within a single Fim “Project”.
A Film “Project” is defined as a production which is created for a theatrical or cinematic release thru channels such as but not limited to, commercial or independent theaters, pay per view and cable television, streaming & on demand services, DVDs.
You acknowledge that the artist of the “Song” retains ownership of the “Song” but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the “Song” and you. EDM Music Licensing is not a party to this license or the one giving you the license. The “Song” is protected by and subject to the United States of America and international copyright laws. EDM Music Licensing retains the right to sell licenses of the “Song” to third parties at its discretion.
In the advent that your video is blocked, notify us and we will work to resolve it with You Tube.
Limitations Of Use
You MAY use the “Song” on YouTube, but the artist retains ownership and all rights of the “Song”.
- You may not use or resell the “Song” in any way EXCEPT as embodied within your own Project.
- You may not use or resell the “Song” as your music or as an individual sound file.
- You may not use or resell the “Song” as part of any music compilation or music library.
You may not resell, transfer, share, give away or sublease the license agreement of the “Song” to any other party.
You may not use the “Song” in any content deemed;
- hate speech
- “inappropriate to social norms” by EDM Music Licensing.
EDM Music Licensing reserves the right to revoke the license if in violation of any of the above limitations of use.
EDM Music Licensing attempts to keep all the music and files that make up our library available at all times. Despite these attempts, EDM Music Licensing makes no representations or warranties that every “Song” will be available for use during the Agreement Term. EDM Music Licensing may discontinue licensing any “Song” at its sole discretion.
In the event that EDM Music Licensing receives notice that any “Song” may be subject to a claim of infringement,
EDM Music Licensing may require Licensee to immediately:
- stop using the “Song”
- delete the “Song” from all storage devices
- ensure its clients do the same.
EDM Music Licensing shall provide Licensee with a comparable “Song” (determined by EDM Music Licensing) free of charge, but subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Limitation Of Liability
EDM Music Licensing makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, except that it has the right to grant the license granted hereunder. The total liability of EDM Music Licensing under this Agreement shall be limited to that part of the fee paid hereunder by you to EDM Music Licensing for the license. You hereby agree that this license is granted to you without any other warranty or recourse.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Los Angeles, California. Nothing in the Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting a partnership between the Parties. This Agreement shall be to the benefit of and bind the respective heirs and executors of the Parties. If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid by a legally constituted court having jurisdiction, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full effect.